Instant Messaging Interoperability
Our GTalk2VoIP gateway makes possible to send IM messages between three completely different IM networks: 1) Jabber
or Google Talk
, 2) MSN/Live Messenger
and 3) SIP/SIMPLE
. If you are using any of these, you may easily send IM messages to others without any additional software installation. All you have to do is just to add a proper formed buddy addresses to your contact list.
This service is completely free and does not require to do any registration or subscription. Just go add a contact!
1. Sending IM messages from SIP (SIMPLE capable) phones:
When you chat with contacts like that, all incoming messages from your buddy will come to same window, so it will look completely transparent, like you are chatting with someone using SIP phone on his/her side.
NOTE: When sending a first message to Jabber/Google Talk user, he/she will be sent an invitation from you. which he/she must accept. If not, your massages will not pass to your buddy. That's how Jabber network works!
2. Sending IM messages from Google Talk (or any other Jabber client):
While using Google Talk (or any Jabber complient client) you may send IM messages to SIP phones or MSN/Live Messenger users. To do so, please follow the rules:
After that, just open a chat window to the contact and start chatting :-).
3. Sending IM messages from MSN/Live Messenger:
- First, we want it to make clear, that MSNP (used in the Messenger coming from MS) is closed proprietary protocol, it's weird and completely unsuitable for any interoperability. This is Microsoft's politics of course. Though, we have made some workaround for that special case.
To start using our GTalk2VoIP gatewaying features from MSN/Live Messenger you have to register with our service first (just submit your user ID from our front page at https://gtalk2voip.com/ and accept an invitation from our bot), then open a chat window to the service bot (serviceXXX@gtalk2voip.com) and use some specially coined commands:
- To send IM messages to SIP phone users, please use:
IM sip: Some text message here
Example: IM sip: Good afternoon, mister president!
- To send IM messages to Google Talk or Jabber users, use:
IM gtalk: Some text message here
Example: IM gtalk: Hello, mr. Google's CEO!
- And, you even can send IMs through our gateway to other MSN/Live Messenger users: IM msn: Some text message here
Example: IM msn: Where is the map, Billy ?
- There's an IMM command to avoid entering recepient's name each time you send it a message while heavily chatting:
Example: IMM This is another message.
The IMM command sends your message to the last used contact. To change it, send IM message first. This is like it was in elder days of IRC :-).
That's all and simple.
Have nice chat!
Send all your questions and ideas for further service improvements to GTalk2VoIP TEAM. We would certainly like to hear from you!
If you've tested and liked our services, please let your friends know about it, send them a voice mail. Thank you.
system("../news.cgi inc"); ?>